Sharon Schick is an Of Counsel in Caplin & Drysdale's Washington, D.C. office. She joined the firm in 2009. Prior to joining Caplin & Drysdale, she practiced in the trademark and copyright practice areas of other prominent Washington, D.C. law firms for 14 years.
Ms. Schick counsels clients on the protection, enforcement and management of intellectual property rights, with particular emphasis on trademark and copyright matters. Her practice also encompasses advising clients on Internet-related issues. She regularly advises clients on the following:
- Acquisition and protection of trademark rights, including the selection and use of marks, and analysis of conflicting marks
- Registration and licensing of trademarks and strategies for enforcement of trademark rights
- Copyright protection, including negotiating license agreements, rendering advice on the federal Copyright Act, and registering copyright rights in the U.S. Copyright Office
- Corporate transactions involving assignment, sale and licensing of intellectual property rights
Ms. Schick has extensive experience prosecuting applications for registration of marks in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office covering a wide variety of industries and has handled registration of trademark rights internationally. She has represented trademark owners in registration disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and has participated in federal court litigation involving complex copyright and trademark issues. She regularly advises non-profit clients on management of their intellectual property portfolios and negotiates and drafts a wide range of agreements concerning intellectual property rights.
- Member, Intellectual Property Law Section, D.C. Bar