Elihu Inselbuch is a Member resident in Caplin & Drysdale's New York office, and has been at the firm since 1986. In 2013, Chambers USA recognized Mr. Inselbuch as a Senior Statesman for his outstanding work in the field of Bankruptcy/Restructuring.
ServicesMr. Inselbuch's practice focuses on complex litigation, including asbestos creditors' rights litigation and commercial and securities fraud litigation.
HighlightsSince 1985, when he was first retained to act for the Asbestos Claimants' Committee in the Manville reorganization, Mr. Inselbuch has been recognized for his extensive experience in asbestos creditors' rights litigation. Working with the asbestos plaintiffs bar, Mr. Inselbuch has represented their constituency in a number of large bankruptcies and class actions, including Johns Manville, Jim Walter Corp., Raytech Corporation, Babcock & Wilcox, Pittsburgh Corning, Armstrong World Industries, G-I Holdings, W.R. Grace, United States Gypsum, Federal Mogul, Owens Corning, Ortiz v. Fibreboard, North American Refractories Company, Kaiser Aluminum, Global Industrial Technologies, Combustion Engineering, Dresser (Halliburton), ACandS, Congoleum, Flintkote, Quigley, Motors Liquidation Company, Durabla and Garlock.
His commercial litigation work has included representation of plaintiffs and defendants in securities fraud litigation and defending product liability claims involving both consumer goods and high technology products. He also has represented a number of prominent figures in connection with congressional hearings and the criminal investigations which flowed from them, including proceedings involving the Watergate Special Prosecutor.
Prior to joining Caplin & Drysdale, Mr. Inselbuch was an attorney with the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (1963-1966), and was first an associate, then partner, with Gilbert, Segall and Young (1966-1986).
Professional ActivitiesMr. Inselbuch is a Past President of the Princeton University Alumni Association (1993-1995). He also has served as a panelist for the American Bar Association and is called upon often as a speaker and panelist at professional gatherings.
Awards & Rankings
- Best Lawyers in America, 2005-present
- Super Lawyers, New York, 2007-2012
- The Legal 500, Leading Lawyer, 2010-2013; Recommended, 2014
- Chambers USA, Senior Statesman, 2012-present
- Caplin & Drysdale Lawyers Earn Best Lawyers Ranking, Caplin & Drysdale, August 21, 2014
- Clients and Peers Recommend Caplin & Drysdale in 2014 Legal 500 Ranking, The Legal 500, July 1, 2014
- Caplin & Drysdale Earns Top Honors in 2014 Chambers USA, Chambers USA, May 28, 2014
- 19 Caplin & Drysdale Attorneys Achieve Best Lawyers in America Ranking, U.S. News & World Report, October 21, 2013
- The Legal 500 Recommends Caplin & Drysdale As a Leading Firm For 2013, The Legal 500, June 3, 2013
- 14 Caplin & Drysdale Attorneys Recognized in Chambers USA 2013, Chambers USA, May 29, 2013
- Caplin & Drysdale Announces Expansion of Tax Practice and Relocation of New York Office, Caplin & Drysdale, September 20, 2012
- Chambers and Legal 500 Recognize Caplin & Drysdale in 2012 Top Rankings, Caplin & Drysdale, June 12, 2012
- The Best Lawyers in America Ranks 19 Caplin & Drysdale Attorneys as Leaders in Their Field, U.S. News & World Report, September 1, 2011
- Chambers and Legal 500 Recognize Caplin & Drysdale in 2011 Top Rankings, Chambers USA / The Legal 500, June 16, 2011
- 19 Caplin & Drysdale Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News & World Report, August 4, 2010
- Chambers USA and Legal 500 Recognize Caplin & Drysdale in 2010 Top Rankings, Caplin & Drysdale, June 15, 2010
- Super Lawyers Recognizes Nine Caplin & Drysdale Attorneys in Five Practice Areas, Super Lawyers, March 27, 2009