"Caplin Cares for a Cause" raised over $1,200 for Center for Food Action (CFA), an organization dedicated to providing food and shelter to tens of thousands living in the northern New Jersey area.
In 2016, CFA celebrates 40 years of service to their community. From the beginning, CFA has focused on caring for local families and individuals who are struggling. Today these are their key activities and programs:
- Providing seven -day food packages to 4,700 people each month
- Distributing more than $5,000,000 worth of food annually to residents living in 100 northern New Jersey towns
- Helping 1,500 families annually with their housing and utility expenses
- Providing nearly 19,000 snack packs to low-income children each year
- Growing fresh produce in their community garden
- Distributing smile packs to kids to help maintain good dental heath
- Offering healthy cooking demonstrations for parents and kids
- Provides support to New Jersey Anti-Hunger Coalition which they created in 1980
For more information on CFA, please visit their website at http://cfanj.org/.