Bryson B. Morgan is an Associate in Caplin & Drysdale's Washington, D.C., office. He rejoins the firm's Political Law and Exempt Organizations groups after his tenure as Investigative Counsel at the U.S. House of Representatives Office of Congressional Ethics, where he investigated alleged misconduct by Members of Congress.
ServicesMr. Morgan assists corporations, non-profit advocacy groups, political committees, candidates, and officeholders navigate the complex laws governing political activity and issue advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels, with a particular focus on assisting clients involved in enforcement matters.
HighlightsMr. Morgan attended the University of Utah and Harvard Law School, where he graduated with honors. During law school, he served as a legal clerk to the U.S. House of Representatives Office of Congressional Ethics and interned at the U.S. Attorney's Office in Boston, Massachusetts in the Economic Crimes Unit.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Morgan co-authored a textbook on interest groups and lobbying, researched the development of interest groups in Lithuania under a grant from the National Science Foundation, and interned at the Campaign Legal Center, a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working in the areas of campaign finance, redistricting, and government ethics.
- The Salt Lake Tribune Quotes Matthew Sanderson and Bryson Morgan on the Unconstitutionality of DOMA, The Salt Lake Tribune, March 26, 2013
- ESPN Features Matthew Sanderson and Bryson Morgan on A Rich Tradition, ESPN, December 14, 2011
- Marcus Owens and Bryson Morgan Quoted in MSNBC, Sports Fans Play the Washington Game, MSNBC, October 28, 2011
- "Carmen Group's $125,000 Penalty Latest in Increased Lobbying Disclosure Act Enforcement," with Matthew T. Sanderson, Trevor Potter, and Rachel E. Goldstein, Caplin & Drysdale, August 31, 2015
- "Summary of New York's New Political Disclosure Rules for Nonprofits," with Matthew T. Sanderson, Douglas N. Varley, Trevor Potter, William M. Klimon, and Brendan Wilson, Caplin & Drysdale, June 21, 2013
- "Amended MSRB Rules G-37 and G-8 Require Enhanced Disclosure," with Matthew T. Sanderson and Trevor Potter, Caplin & Drysdale, April 4, 2013
- "GAO Report Highlights Concerns Over Political Intelligence Disclosure," with Matthew T. Sanderson and Trevor Potter, Caplin & Drysdale, April 4, 2013
- "FEC Increases Contribution Limits," with Matthew T. Sanderson and Trevor Potter, Caplin & Drysdale, January 30, 2013
- "Campaign Finance: Remedies Beyond the Court," with Trevor Potter, Democracy: A Journal of Ideas, January 8, 2013
- "SEC & Massachusetts Sanction Goldman Sachs $16 Million, Underscoring Need for Vigorous Compliance With Pay-to-Play Rules," with Matthew T. Sanderson and Trevor Potter, Caplin & Drysdale, September 27, 2012
- "DC Circuit Refuses to Stay Lower Court Ruling Requiring Disclosure of Funders of "Electioneering Communications"," with Matthew T. Sanderson and Trevor Potter, Caplin & Drysdale, May 15, 2012
- "President Obama Signs STOCK Act Into Law," with Matthew T. Sanderson and Trevor Potter, Caplin & Drysdale, April 5, 2012
- "Senate-Passed "STOCK Act" Requires "Political Intelligence Consultants" to Register and Report under Lobbying Disclosure Act," with Matthew T. Sanderson and Trevor Potter, Caplin & Drysdale, February 7, 2012